Do Truck Owners Really Need a Bed Liner?
When looking to preserve your new truck, one of the first essential things you need to do is invest in a durable and long-lasting truck bed liner. It’s important to not let the weight of preservation rest on your paint job alone, and it’s even more important to make sure you’re investing in the right type of bed liner.
Truck Bed 101:
- Truck bed damage is inevitable. Whether your bed is made out of rolled steel, aluminum or composite, without proper protection there will be damage. A paint job is not enough to protect from the regular wear and tear of loading and unloading.
- When your truck bed gets nicks and scratches it exposes the metal under your paint to moisture and UV light which leads to corrosion.
- Road conditions like gravel, salt, and general exposure to the elements will also speed along the rusting process by filling an unprotected truck bed with even more nicks and scratches.
- Transporting cargo on an unlined truck bed can also lead to damage. Without the additional grip that a lining provides, there’s a greater risk that your cargo will damage your truck bed and also be damaged in turn.
- Lining your truck bed will greatly reduce the risk of corrosion and damage. It will also help keep your truck bed in great condition and boost your vehicle’s resale value.
What Liner is Best?
There are so many different types of liner options available- from plastic drop-in liners to rubber adhesives. However, many of these “quick-fix” liners cause more trouble than they’re worth and may lead to more costs in the long run. Many liners can even be counterproductive through scratching your truck bed or trapping moisture and debris in between the liner and the truck.
Spray-on truck liners are a great way to protect the integrity of your truck. They provide an airtight bond to the metal of your truck and maintain a sleek aesthetic look along with long-lasting durability. Using spray-on liner is a low maintenance and cost-effective way to make sure your truck bed is protected and stays looking like new.
Contact us for spray-on truck bed liner solutions today!
Making sure your truck is in the best shape possible for the long-haul means investing in a spray-on bed liner, and Scorpion Coatings is the worldwide leader in truck bed liners and protective coatings. Our spray-on liners have been developed with the highest quality polyurethanes and are long-lasting and durable. Purchase one of our Scorpion XO2 Coatings Kits or find a Scorpion Truck Bed Liner location near you for professional installation.