Scorpion XO-2 / FAQ
- What is Scorpion XO-2?
- What is the difference between XO-2 and other bed liners?
- How does Scorpion XO-2 compare the franchise liners?
- Is XO-2 Liner hazardous?
- What will I need to spray XO-2?
- What can I spray XO-2 on?
- What colors are available for XO-2 and can it be color matched?
- How durable is XO-2?
- Is XO-2 a rust protector or prevention?
- How long before I can use my new liner?
- Does XO-2 have a warranty?
. 12. How do I prepare the surface to spray?
- Can I repair my liner if it gets damaged? If so, how would I go about it?
- How many square feet does XO-2 cover, and how deep would it be?
- Does XO-2 provide a non-skid surface?
- Can XO-2 be painted over?
- Will XO-2 hold up against petroleum based products?
- What about bare metal, how do you prep it?
The breakdown, we see these questions more often than others. Below you will find the answers!
- Scorpion’s XO-2 is a high build (1/32” to 1/8”) polyurethane coating. It is engineered to take high levels of abuse.
2. Critical areas such as Tensile Strength, elongation, and impact resistance will be as good as other bed liner systems. UV Stability is superior.
3. With a few exceptions, XO-2 represents a new generation of polyurethane linings. The calling card of Scorpion’s XO-2 is its versatility.
- -color variations
- -color matches
- -non-slip aggregates
- -matte or shine finish
- -low start up cost
- -no franchise fees
4. XO-2 is VOC compliant in all 50 US States and Canada, who has very high VOC standards. Spraying in a well ventilated room and wearing a good ½ face respirator with chemical cartridges is a wonderful start.
5. It could be sprayed with a number of guns but we recommend using the Al’s Liner Spray Gun from Scorpion Coatings. It’s very inexpensive and requires no maintenance. It will last a long time if cared for properly.
6. Anything but hard plastic. XO-2 works great on wood, fiberglass and metal. Some surfaces scuffing and priming may be required.
7. XO-2 is available in 14 different color options. You can use any automotive tint or pigment including pearls or metal flakes to match any color. Call our technical support team to discuss custom coloring.
8. There is no coating that is more durable. It matches the franchise in numerous categories and far exceeds them in others.
9. XO-2 bonds directly to the substrate so no moisture or air can get in. If it rusts, it will have to come from the backside. XO-2 is a little over qualified as an undercoating. No undercoating or rust prohibitory has the physical properties of XO-2. They are not intended to have good physical properties.
10. XO-2 is dry to the touch in 1 hour. Light duty use in 24 hours and heavy abuse in 72 hours.
11. We offer a limited lifetime warranty on XO-2 against fading, cracking, and peeling and what we consider to be normal wear and tear.
12. Wood requires no preparation, fiberglass and metal need to be scuffed with 36 grit or coarser medium. Sand blasting will give you a great surface. Wipe clean with a good solvent to eliminate surface contamination.
13. XO-2 bonds very well to itself. Minor damage can be repaired with a brush; major damage such as a bedside will probably need to re sprayed. XO-2 can also be used to repair other bed liners or as a top coat to extend and save professional bed liners.
14. XO-2 will cover 25 square feet per gallon at 60mils.
15. We offer multiple aggregates to increase the slip coefficient. We range from a minimal additive to an extremely aggressive finish.
16. Yes, use a polyurethane paint for best results.
17. There is no better polyurethane against petroleum. The only time there is an issue is if you know the products will pool and set on the liner for long periods of time. If pooling is going to take place, you are better off with an epoxy coat.
18. Scuff the metal with 36 grit or coarser media or and blast and apply a light coat of etching primer, a light coat of Scorpion’s 8001 Adhesion Promoter and spray.